<$BlogRSDUrl$>

2,000 hamsters can't be wrong.

18 February 2004

Finally an End to the Trilogy! 

OK, from the viewpoint of one person (me) who hasn't read The Lord of the Rings: This trilogy is a bit hard to follow, until the last episode. Suddenly it all came clear to me and I understood what had been happening in the previous films. This is the first in the series that hasn't bored me one bit, and that says a lot for a 195-minute-long film! Also, I eventually discovered why the other films haven't impressed me that much: Yes, I know the special effects are rather good (although a few noticeable glitches here and there), but huge panoramic views of an army don't impress me...simply because I've been playing computer games for much too long and thus I've seen it all before. However, huge panoramic views of cliffsides impress me a lot! I suffer from vertigo and had some trouble with those scenes, but they were still great! And the fighting scenes! Whoa! So two thumbs up for the final episode to the trilogy of The Lord of the Rings (is Frodo supposed to be such a one-dimensional character as Elijah Wood portrays, by the way?), and may it reign long among the epic films out there...until a worthy heir comes along, naturally! ;-)

Current track: Nothing.

Labels: ,

Comments: Post a Comment

Free counter and web stats This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

All text except quotes © 2003-2013 Schizoid / Lonyc Productions.