<$BlogRSDUrl$>

2,000 hamsters can't be wrong.

21 February 2004

Shooting Stars 

I just feel like saluting Vic (Reeves) and Bob (Mortimer) for making the silliest game show ever. Well, in a long while, anyway. I've been watching Shooting Stars on BBC Prime irregularly for a couple of years and at first I didn't like their style at all. It was like a bad parody on British humour. Then I had an epiphany. Or a blow to my head. Either way I watched it with an open mind - although adjusted slightly more towards slapstick than usual - and I loved it! It's pure irrational behaviour all the way through the show and I must say I'm impressed that these people have managed to get paid for being completely childish. Well done!

Then I have to mention the film Lilja 4-Ever, which I saw for the first time the other day and found to be very disturbing. Lukas Moodyson has made three of my all-time favourite films: Show Me Love, Together and then Lilja 4-Ever, which is about a Russian 16-year-old girl forced into the cruel world of prostitution. Where his previous films have been fun to watch, this one had no funny scenes at all. It's just sad and frightening and worst of all: The story is familiar to thousands of people.

Question no. 1: What will the Oscar presenters get in their gift baskets this year?

Question no. 2: Why do they give expensive gifts to those who've already got plenty of money? I think a monetary gift to some charity would be much more appropriate. Or would that be too awkward for Hollywood?

Current track: Lou Bega - Mambo no. 5

Labels: ,

Comments: Post a Comment

Free counter and web stats This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

All text except quotes © 2003-2013 Schizoid / Lonyc Productions.