<$BlogRSDUrl$>

2,000 hamsters can't be wrong.

24 March 2004

Music is Better at the Concert Hall 

At least it was tonight. Wow! They played music from several films, among them were 2001: A Space Odyssey (listening to Atmospheres by György Ligeti was very special, while seeing how they make all the different sounds in that rather experimental piece of music), Apocalypse Now!, Schindler's List (I cried) and Ran (directed by Kurosawa). Let's just say that when an 80-piece philharmonic orchestra starts off a concert with Luke Skywalker's theme from Star Wars you must hate music really bad if you don't get a bit mellow. I got goosebumps and tears in my eyes on three different occasions. And the host for the evening, everyone's heartthrob Kåre Conradi, was fun to listen to and when he forgot his lines and messed up his cards and asked us to "talk among ourselves", he got a huge laugh and became an even bigger heartthrob to all of us. ;-) The conductor was Susanna Mälkki; I am the first to admit I don't know much about who's who among the orchestras of the world, but according to the websites I've visited recently she's pretty good. I was amazed no matter what. AND I didn't cough more than a couple of times, between songs! Yay me! Mind you, I was eating pills to help my sore throat like they were the only ones left in the world and my life depended on it, so that could have something to do with it.

Current track: Kosheen - All in My Head

Labels: , ,

Comments: Post a Comment

Free counter and web stats This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

All text except quotes © 2003-2013 Schizoid / Lonyc Productions.