<$BlogRSDUrl$>

2,000 hamsters can't be wrong.

13 March 2004

Shakespeare in Love 

When I first saw this, I didn't like it very much. I think it was the fact that Gwyneth Paltrow and Joseph Fiennes were in it. However, I'm warming up to them. Now, of course, I love the film, not only because it's very good, but because there are so many actors in it that I admire. I have to mention Tom Wilkinson in particular. Mostly because he's a fantastic actor, but also because he's been overlooked for so long. Much like Jim Broadbent, really. Among those not having been overlooked that are appearing in Shakespeare in Love, there's Colin Firth (you should see him in Relative Values and Hope Springs), Rupert Everett (not credited, though), Simon Callow ("everyone" remembers him from Four Weddings and a Funeral), Dame Judi Dench and of course Geoffrey Rush (who's got a strangely accurate way of telling which roles are great - even if the film is mediocre he's always stunning - and no, I thought this about him before my casual interest in him developed into full-blown fandom). And last, but not least, followers of Britcom would do well to notice Imelda Staunton, Simon Day, Mark Williams, Steve O'Donnell and Martin Clunes appearing in this film.

For some reason I've got this framed, signed photo from the film that I don't quite know where to put. It's currently sitting on the floor in front of one of my bookcases, silly thing.

Current track: The score from Shakespeare in Love

Labels: , , ,

Comments: Post a Comment

Free counter and web stats This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

All text except quotes © 2003-2013 Schizoid / Lonyc Productions.