<$BlogRSDUrl$>

2,000 hamsters can't be wrong.

22 March 2004

Sicky-pooh. 

I'm just lousy at being sick. If you've seen that episode of The Young Ones, "Sick", where Neil the hippie has a cold and keeps sneezing inside a pillow case; well, that's how I feel. I've been sneezing all day, and I usually don't when I've got a cold. Also, I've had a fever for two days now so I keep shivering and sweating alternately. Very annoying. Is this bad karma? Did I do something wrong so that my one-week holiday is going to be spent indoors, preferably in bed? Hmph.

I did not, however, fall into that trap, so I've stayed awake all day and evening. I was just watching The Net for the third time. WHY did I see it a third time? I don't know, blame the fever or something. I mean, it's got some thrilling action but the plot is utterly unbelievable. Remember when I started laughing about Alan Rickman's character asking for an NEC computer in The January Man? Well, this is mainly the same thing. It's like they didn't think ahead when writing the script. They didn't consider the possibility of a much wider knowledge of computers among the film's viewers a couple of years later. By pressing Escape you unleash a virus into a (very poorly guarded) mainframe computer??? Get real! Well, at least they earn some credit with me for introducing the terms IP address, Trojan horse and IRL in a mainstream film in the mid-nineties. Good on ya!

My head feels like a giant cottom ball. I've got greatly reduced hearing in one ear. I hate that.

Oh, and I got to watch Ring 2 tonight. Scary, but not as scary as its predecessor. Looking forward to watching Ring 0 now.

Current track: Nothing, due to reduced hearing. Duh.

Labels: , , , , ,

Comments: Post a Comment

Free counter and web stats This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

All text except quotes © 2003-2013 Schizoid / Lonyc Productions.