<$BlogRSDUrl$>

2,000 hamsters can't be wrong.

24 March 2004

So...Am I the Only One? 

Sometimes it feels as if I'm the only one out there who's a fan of certain people. Like Simon Shepherd. Hands up those who like him. No, hands up those who've heard of him, apparently. And what about David Bamber? No? Ever seen Privates on Parade? Chalk? Buddha of Suburbia? No bells ringing? How about Pride and Prejudice, then? Or Daniel Deronda? Is there anyone out there who's a fan of Terence Stamp, then? Any non-French who's heard of Daniel Auteuil? Have I been watching too much telly??? :-)

I've spent many hours making my comedy favourite lists today. It's quite amazing that, although I must have seen about 50/50 of American and British shows, I've got three times as many British favourites as American ones. AND that includes one Canadian show. ;-) (How could I possibly ignore The Kids in the Hall?) Note that my list, which is situated as a permanent list at the bottom of the right hand menu, features only shows that I consider to be my definite favourites - even though I apparently have been watching way too much telly through the years, these are the shows that I come back to, that I think of at opportune and inopportune times, that I quote constantly. So...if you love any of those shows, even a few of them, we may have more in common than you think.

Current track: The Beatles - I'm Down

Labels: , , , , ,

Comments: Post a Comment

Free counter and web stats This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

All text except quotes © 2003-2013 Schizoid / Lonyc Productions.