<$BlogRSDUrl$>

2,000 hamsters can't be wrong.

28 March 2004

Why I Can't Become a Pro Critic 

1. I'm too nice.
2. When I don't feel so nice, I try to seem nice.
3. If I can't bother to make an effort to seem nice, I generally can't be bothered to do much else either.

When I see a show I seldom hate it outright. There's always something I like about it and I would rather emphasise that than criticise everything that was so bad that a toddler could have done it better. Also, if one of the actors has outdone the rest of the cast by a mile, I still feel that I should talk about how good the others were as well, because I sort of feel sorry for them. "They couldn't help it if the play was written that way / If their parts had gotten more time on stage from the play's directions / etc."

Then again, I don't really want to become a professional critic. I'd rather be the one receiving the criticism. :-)

Current track: Nada.

Labels: ,

Comments: Post a Comment

Free counter and web stats This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

All text except quotes © 2003-2013 Schizoid / Lonyc Productions.