<$BlogRSDUrl$>

2,000 hamsters can't be wrong.

19 April 2004

Hallo Possums! 

Yes, it's official; I have turned into Dame Edna. Well, perhaps not, but it was a nice intro.

I was just watching Iris (the film) and I was so amazed at how they'd managed to find the right kind of actors for each part, both when it comes to acting and looks. I was especially amazed at how the Maurices resembled each other...until I read the credits and discovered they were father and son in real life (so sue me; I am devastated that I did not know their real names, because I know their work rather well.)

Now, where have I been? Well, there's Easter of course, spent mostly glued to the radio and/or the telly, and then I just had a lot to do at work and didn't feel like sitting down and telling you about my boring day. Still, I have done a few interesting things. Like finalising my dream cast list for my dream version of Noises Off. It's going to be absolutely wonderful and it'll be a huge hit and the designated theatre would be crazy not to sign me up for this ordeal production. Everyone will love working with me and we'll make heaps of cash, securing the future of the aforementioned theatre. (Humour me.)

I had a bit of a celebration last Friday as I went to see La Cage aux Folles for the fifth time. It was as stunning as ever. The next day they were auctioning off all the costumes and off we went. Didn't have much money, otherwise I would have loved to own one or more of the costumes. Not to wear, but for fun. Great memorabilia! Oh, well, some other time. The auction was great fun, though; despite the strong smell of old liquor and cod (???) from somewhere in the audience. I would have loved to have lots of money and buy a performance just for me and my friends, because its closing date is June 19 and I know I will be sulking for some time afterwards. Woe is me.

Yesterday I watched Timeline, which was slightly crappy, but half saved by the experienced actors. However, a friend of mine (soon to be a superstar, but that's another story) has read the book twice (nearly) and as I reviewed the film with her we discovered that the film follows the novel's storyline like a drunkard follows a straight, white line. Apparently it's like watching a whole new story altogether. I remember vividly how it annoyed me that they'd changed the brand of the car in The Firm and changed the whole scenario of The Runaway Jury and changed the ending of The Vanishing (the Hollywood version, naturally,) but this is ten times as bad. Still, I rediscovered Marton Csokas, so it wasn't a complete waste of time.

The surprise this weekend, however, was that The Butterfly Effect, starring Ashton *gags* Kutcher, turned out to be brilliant! I know! Weird, isn't it? I'm flabbergasted. Mostly because it's my favourite word. So I would recommend that film to everyone. Especially those who thought Memento was a great film (i.e. right-thinking people *winks*.)

Current track: Nothing.

Labels: , , , , , ,

Comments: Post a Comment

Free counter and web stats This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

All text except quotes © 2003-2013 Schizoid / Lonyc Productions.