<$BlogRSDUrl$>

2,000 hamsters can't be wrong.

29 April 2004

Springtime for Ingaroo! 

Yay! I was actually going downtown to buy some shoes (or shoen - been reading Mother Tongue again) but then something happened with the Tube and I decided against going with the bus. Instead, I went back home after work and the weather was so nice (I know, just about 14 degrees centigrades, but that feels like a lot right now) that I bought some ice cream and some cloths and cleaned my balcony (using the cloths, not the ice cream.) After about half an hour it looked rather shiny and I could sit down and read while eating the ice cream. Beautiful weather; the birds were chirping, some dogs were barking, and I remembered how much I had enjoyed last summer - sitting on my balcony reading Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix all day long. Aww. I also remember how incredibly hot it was and especially the exceptional thunderstorms we had; I spent a few evenings in hiding, hoping for the best. The lightning never struck our house (even though it's the tallest building for miles around) but there were a couple of blackouts during those weeks. This year is going to be even hotter.

Oh, and we've booked tickets for another two performances of La Cage aux Folles. I bet I'll go at least once more on my own, just to make it an even...eight? Hmm. Anyway, there's something new about the show every time so I just can't afford to stay away. Sounds like a very bad reason, I know, but I don't care. It's bloody brilliant and it annoys me that they're not going to film it, so I have to remember it somehow.

I also booked tickets for a few shows in London in September; I'd love to see Les Misérables, at least as long as Michael McCarthy is with the show; but apart from that I have of course bought tickets for a couple of performances of A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum. There are a few other plays I'd like to see around that time, but I'm not sure about the dates just yet.

The point about going to London, though, is to buy lots of Polo mints. Naturally. :-)

Back to politics, of sorts: The Mullah Krekar, still living in Oslo even though he's suspected for all kinds of terrorism, has finally decided that he does not wish to speak to the media any longer. About time; the less media coverage he gets, the better. What made him tick? Why, the fact that the stand-up comedienne Shabana Rehman lifted him for about two seconds during a debate earlier this week. All he could say was "not good, not good."

On a happier note, owning a dog could save your life: This elk hound fended off a large bear in order to protect her owner. Well done!

Current track: Listening to the news.

Labels: , , , , , ,

Comments: Post a Comment

Free counter and web stats This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

All text except quotes © 2003-2013 Schizoid / Lonyc Productions.