<$BlogRSDUrl$>

2,000 hamsters can't be wrong.

25 May 2004

Aragorn, Gollum, Gandalf, Frodo and that Bloody Ring 

I survived watching The Lord of the Rings for eight hours and forty minutes and it made so much more sense this time. It's not that the story is a very difficult one, but since I haven't read the books and the first two films weren't conclusive, I waited two long years before I actually got into the story. This time I watched them all in one go, no pausing or fast-forwarding (or rewinding, for that matter), and I instantly understood all the references to people and places previously mentioned, so it was a real treat. I won't be having another LotR marathon for some time, though.

I'm off to continue playing Neverwinter Nights. (I can't believe they didn't make the official LotR games into hardcore role-playing games! I think they would have made much more money on that, because LotR fans are generally into role-playing and would be interested in playing the RPG based on the trilogy, as opposed to the current (tactical) action games.)

Current track: Nothing.

Labels: ,

Comments:
Ah, but you haven't really understood the LOTR until you've seen the extended editions. So I'll be waiting for that post once the Return of the King ee is out :)
 
You're the second person to tell me that today. I'm not going to buy the extended versions as well. But I may have some friends that own them. I'll just bring my sleeping bag around. ;-)
 
Post a Comment

Free counter and web stats This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

All text except quotes © 2003-2013 Schizoid / Lonyc Productions.