<$BlogRSDUrl$>

2,000 hamsters can't be wrong.

28 May 2004

How to Mess Up and Still be Successful 

Last night I was the lucky witness to the most splendid performance of La Cage aux Folles ever, I'm sure. Now that I've seen it six times I sort of know the drill. So of course I immediately spotted that one of the dancers was gone. This worked seamlessly throughout the evening; the dancers are professionals and know how to handle such a situation, obviously. However, something else started going wrong from the very start. I have no idea what it was, but it reminded me of the only performance I saw of Noises Off in London during the 2002 season - the difference is that yesterday it worked, in London they seemed to be really out of it and couldn't be bothered to make it right. Last night there were lines that went missing, lines that were repeated, cues that went AWOL, mishaps, a great fall, and all of this led to an increased usage of ad libs, meaning they proved once and for all that they're a great team and that they know how to keep the show going. All of these things were probably not that obvious to those who hadn't seen the show before, well...except for the fall, but it COULD have been written in, of course...but for me, it was sheer bliss. I was ready to buy another ticket the second I got out of there; unfortunately the box office was closed, but I've got two tickets for June anyway, so it doesn't really matter that much.

Current track: The ringtone of some mobile further down the corridor.

Labels: ,

Comments:
Why in Bob's name arent't you on the offcial cast list by now? I'll bet you must be qualified as an understudy for all roles, including of course that of any missing dancer! Well, there's still ample time to rectify this unheard of injustice, and two more tickets for June should go some way towards sorting out the problem by June 19th. I'll pop in at Oslo Nye's website or possibly even at the theater to check up on the progess. Good luck :) Aug
 
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 
Uhmm, well, I think they'd like someone who's actually an actor, preferably a male one. ;-) Plus, they're probably already thinking I'm stalking the show. I hear they're hiring security staff now, old Secret Service agents with microphones in their sleeve, saying "She has arrived" whenever I'm anywhere close to the theatre. *grins*
 
Post a Comment

Free counter and web stats This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

All text except quotes © 2003-2013 Schizoid / Lonyc Productions.