<$BlogRSDUrl$>

2,000 hamsters can't be wrong.

09 June 2004

Another Week Gone by 

...and what on earth have I been doing, I wonder? Hmm...well, most of last weekend was spent doing mostly nothing, then this week was more of the nothing-doing and today I've been doing...nothing.

Seriously, though, last weekend was spent doing the usual stuff on Saturday (listening to Jonathan Ross on BBC Radio 2, listening to whatever drama they're playing on NRK P1, then turn to NRK P2 in order to listen to this week's satirical round-up of the news (BBC's Dead Ringers and Have I Got News for You spring to mind) while washing up (and missing half of what they're saying, so I always record it just in case), then a couple of hours off, meaning I read and/or play computer games (this weekend it was Neverwinter Nights again, until I suddenly got tired of killing Fire Giants and loaded Rise of Nations instead), then there's Friday's edition of Top of the Pops on BBC Prime before turning to the news and whatever programmes they've got on NRK again. I really don't need anything but BBC and NRK (which is our state-owned channel, it is VERY MUCH like the BBC in every possible way, except that...uhmm...it's in Norwegian, of course. I just knew you wanted to know that.)

No, I don't go out partying all night. Been there, done that. I know quite a few of my old schoolmates won't believe me when I say that, and I don't really care. All that matters is that boozing and stumbling about (I think they like to call it "dancing", but there's usually not much rhythm present) doesn't interest me anymore. During one semester at Uni I used all of my savings and student loan on partying and I'll be paying for that for another fifteen years, so I'm not quite sure if it was worth it. Oh well. Anyway, all of the pubs and clubs I used to go to are gone, all but one. Went past there last night after ANOTHER bout at the theatre (I'll get back to that) and was reminded why I don't want to go back to that place.

I remember watching five films on Sunday, sort of took off completely there. Among them Orange County, which was surprisingly funny (AND John Lithgow, another one of my favourites, was in it) - I spent most of the film comparing young Colin Hanks to his dad and came to the conclusion that they look alike and share many other characteristics as well. Gestures, for instance, even his voice sounded a bit like Tom's from time to time.

I don't remember what I was doing on Monday. Working? Probably. Watching a lot of telly, I think. The wraps-up of all the series before summer and all that. The finals of Nr. 19, based on the Aussie Channel 9/Nine Network The Block. Brilliant.

Last night? My seventh visit to see La Cage. The saga does not end there. I bought another two tickets today, to get an even TEN. I've spent NOK 3,600 (£300) on that show and may be admitted to a mental hospital at any time. Seriously, I know how much it has meant to me these last five months to have somewhere to go in order to just get away from my extremely crappy life, so if people think I'm weird then so be it. At least I've had great fun and Bob only knows what I'll do now. GET A HOBBY, PERHAPS? ;-) Anyway, last night I brought someone with me, someone who hadn't seen the show before, and she said she liked it a lot too. I apologise, but since I've got this very twisted and sadistic sense of humour (*winks*) I just had to applaud when one of them completely lost track of the script. I had no idea most of the audience would applaud as well, they usually don't pay any attention to me.

So that was my week, how was yours? Next week I'll go to the hospital for a check-up to see if I can become a blood donor. About bloody time (heehee), because I promised myself to become one 12 years ago. Coming to think of it, that was round about the time I decided I should not be a member of the church* any longer; haven't got around to that one either. Ahem. (* Basically most Norwegians automatically become members of the State Church at birth because a) their parents can't be bothered to baptise them anywhere else, or b) their family really IS a Christian one (which is highly unlikely, apparently, according to all the newest surveys - Norwegians are the least religious people in Europe.))

Of course there's the Harry Potter film I'll go and see next week, in addition to another two visits to the theatre (definitely my last two, as it ends next Saturday - hey, it's my way of saying "thanks" and "this was a great show" and "I really think the city council should give the theatres more money" and "please pay our actors more money as well because this is getting ridiculous" and "I really need a holiday" *winks again*.) Oh, and I'll start my holiday in two weeks' time. My boss asked me if I really needed that week off, since I'm not going anywhere (his idea of a holiday is going abroad and stressing even more than usual, mine is to get away from work) - as he said that I thought "well, that clinches it, I'm DEFINITELY going on holiday." We spent another day at work today seriously thinking of quitting. I can't even begin to try and make you understand how the boss is. You wouldn't believe me anyway. David Brent (from The Office) is my dream boss compared to the one I've got. Really. *getting slightly frustrated*

The grass IS greener on the other side.

Current track: Escobar - Someone New

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

Comments:
"and Bob only knows what I'll do now"

:) I know it's not comparable to "La Cage" but Ibsen's "Wild Duck" will be playing at Nationaltheatret in the autumn.

I think the cast is fine:

Grosserer Werle:Bjørn Skagestad
Gregers Werle:Eindride Eidsvold
Gamle Ekdal:Kai Remlov
Hjalmar Ekdal:Gard B. Eidsvold
Gina Ekdal:Laila Goody
Hedvig:Birgitte Larsen
Fru Sørby:Petronella Barker
Relling, lege:Kim Haugen
Molvik:Anders T. Andersen
Regissør: Eirik Stubø

I'm particularly curious about Birgitte Larsen as Hedvik. It may seem strange now but the role of Hedvig once suited Anne Marit Jacobsen extremely well and made her as an actress.


They'll be running "John Gabriel Borkman" as well, also with a respectable cast:

John Gabriel Borkman:Bjørn Floberg
Gunhild Borkman:Frøydis Armand
Ella Rentheim:Anne Krigsvoll !!
Erhart Borkman:Thorbjørn Harr
Fanny Wilton:Trine Wiggen
VIlhelm Foldal:Trond Brænne
Frida Foldal:Janne Formoe
Regissør:Sebastian Hartmann

Just for the record! Blood pressure isn't in any way related to blood quality. Being a blood donor will probably do you good since the blood-letting might get the pressure down, at least temporarily ;)

Aug
 
Those two casts seem great! Even both the Eidsvold brothers in one play, that's brilliant! I should actually BOOK the tickets this time; these past six months went without my actually buying the tickets I was talking about. I was sort of...uhmm...residing at another theatre in the area. *grins*

Actually, it shouldn't matter what the cast is like; I'd like to see both of the plays you're mentioning, simply because I know none of them and that's a huge disgrace.
 
Post a Comment

Free counter and web stats This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

All text except quotes © 2003-2013 Schizoid / Lonyc Productions.