<$BlogRSDUrl$>

2,000 hamsters can't be wrong.

25 June 2004

Excavations 

I read in the newspaper Aftenposten today, in a casual sidenote, that due to the building of a new opera house, they are digging down to about 16 metres below sea level down by the Oslo harbour, and "so far they've found several old quays, a couple of anchors from the 1840s, a rudder from the late 19th century and a ship dating back to 1760." My thoughts go to the extra material on the Kate & Leopold DVD (I think it was), when one of the producers was ecstatic because "NYC has got really old buildings, some of them are a hundred years old!" Ah, well. Perhaps I'm a bit too nonchalant about it. After all, I come from a city that was founded in the year 871, situated in Vestfold county. Here's a tourist video, btw.

Current track: My harddrive.

Labels: ,

Comments: Post a Comment

Free counter and web stats This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

All text except quotes © 2003-2013 Schizoid / Lonyc Productions.