<$BlogRSDUrl$>

2,000 hamsters can't be wrong.

22 June 2004

Italy are Out of the Euro 2004!!! 

I always love a surprise like this. Denmark and Sweden each scoring two goals means the Italians are on their way back home from Portugal without even getting to the quarter finals; this is amazing! Italy is such a great football nation, but I've never liked their divas prancing about out there on the field, so I'm not unhappy at all. Prediction: Italy will be angry about this for years. They will think the Scandinavians agreed on the result before the game started, completely ignoring the fact that they themselves are to blame for this. Italians will end up fighting Scandinavian supporters in Portugal.

Tough luck. Grow up. Get a life.

Current track: Listening to the game.

Labels:

Comments:
Well, I spoke with several Italians in the stadium after the match last night, and their comments were "Non era una bella partita" meaning "We didn't play a good match", so I would hope that they are (all) going to vindicate your prediction, in fact a few congratulated me with a Nordic triumph ;)

Aug
 
Oops! " ... so I would hope that they are NOT (all) going to vindicate your prediction" Aug
 
The writer Oriana Fallaci wrote after the Totti spitting incident that Totti shouldn't have made any excuses. Instead he should have sent the Dane "a fist into his teeth and a knee on you-know-where". Fallaci is known for her Islamophobia and is an extremely unlikable character, but I still kind of look forward to reading somewhere what she might write about the 2-2 match...
 
So if anyone spots any comments from Fallaci about the match, I'd like to have the link (it's all out there on the 'Net these days) - not that I understand Italian, but there may be translations.

Some of my predictions have come true, though. They DID think it was an arranged match. But lots of interviewed Italians thought their team had done a terrible job as well, so I guess I didn't give them enough credit. Sowwy.
 
Post a Comment

Free counter and web stats This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

All text except quotes © 2003-2013 Schizoid / Lonyc Productions.