<$BlogRSDUrl$>

2,000 hamsters can't be wrong.

15 June 2004

Lights! Models! Guest List! 

There's ABSOLUTELY no reason for my putting that title on this post, except that it's a FABULOUS one.

Today's performance was a completely new one, as the whole thing started with The Dreaded Announcement For Any Long-Distance Traveller: "Morten Rudå will be playing Albin and Hans Marius Hoff Mittet will be playing Jacob due to sudden illness." Luckily, I'm not a long-distance traveller, and I've been kind of toying with the idea of seeing Rudå and Mittet doing other parts, except for the fact that that of course would mean that either of the two gentlemen Hatlo and Storhøi had to be ill. Turned out Rudå was as good as I had expected, even better, and that we all had a jolly good time. Get well soon, Dennis, hope to see you again this week, and if not then take care and have a nice summer!

This is, however, the Dreaded Announcement for me whenever I go to see a play abroad. I usually go just to see that particular play, and usually just to see that particular actor (whomever that is.) Most of those plays turn out to be very good anyway and I often notice other brilliant actors during the performance. It's still not quite the same without that particular actor appearing in the play as announced. Not when you've paid through the nose to get there. Of course, that's a rather selfish thought. A perfectly natural thought, but a selfish one nonetheless. Touch wood, it hasn't happened to me yet. I'm still very nervous every time I go to London to see a play. Other people would worry about the flight or something. I worry about a play. *laughs*

Current track: My neighbour's telly. If anyone has a spare flat to sell, please contact me.

Labels: , , ,

Comments: Post a Comment

Free counter and web stats This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

All text except quotes © 2003-2013 Schizoid / Lonyc Productions.