<$BlogRSDUrl$>

2,000 hamsters can't be wrong.

24 June 2004

Myrna Vep Crisis! 

Right, so the only copy of the magnificent Mysteriet Myrna Vep among my circle of friends has gone missing. This is a bit of a crisis, because old saggy-arsed NRK TV takes about ten years to make a request come through, by which time even the American embassy has moved house and I will be dead from impatience. I'm probably the only one asking them to repeat the incredible show, even though it had a huge cult following back in 1996 when they did a sold-out run at the Centralteatret (yes, part of Oslo Nye, let's not go there.) As far as I know, they even sold backstage tickets back then. So I'm devastated (although not very surprised) that the nearly worn-out copy has gone AWOL, and so I'm putting out a general request: If anyone's got a copy, I will personally pay heaps of money for it, make a few DVD copies and even be willing to go to gaol for it; because it'd be worth it. And, let's face it, Norwegian prisons are a laugh, really.

However, all is not lost. Due to exceptionally low media coverage and the fact that I have no contacts within the business whatsoever, I did not know about this until a couple of weeks ago, but they're going to put up an all-new "musical" at the very same theatre starring the very same actors (Anders Hatlo and Johannes Joner), partly written by them and partly by the terrific Are Kalvø (I listen to him on the radio every week) and directed by the very same director (Bjørn Sæter - lots of strange letters there) and there's absolutely no way I'll be able to stay away from there. It's called Sound of Musvik and will be a continuance to the story about the Von Trapp family (I used to hate The Sound of Music, because I hated musicals in general; why no one sent me to a shrink I do not know; I love it now and have also become an avid follower of all sorts of musical productions these past two years (damn Les Misérables and Philip Quast, that's where my interest in theatre in general started, and I don't really mean "damn", naturally).) I digress.

For some reason I have this sneaking suspicion, though, that my interest in theatre actually began with Mysteriet Myrna Vep (yes, that would be "Irma Vep" in English...) back in December 1997 when they showed it on telly, and was reawakened in 2000 when I went to see The Rocky Horror Show at the same theatre. I don't know why the interest was dormant for so long, but it's gone haywire now, as if to make up for so much lost time. *shrugs*

Is there a point to all this? Ermm...right, yes, something about booking tickets before they're all sold out.

Current track: Erasure - I Love Saturday (JX Mix)

Labels: , , , , , ,

Comments: Post a Comment

Free counter and web stats This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

All text except quotes © 2003-2013 Schizoid / Lonyc Productions.