<$BlogRSDUrl$>

2,000 hamsters can't be wrong.

26 June 2004

Old Memories 

Went downtown to meet a couple of friends and watch the Pride Parade. The parade lasted for about nine minutes, as expected, but their route was a long one so it took them about 40-45 minutes to get back to the square from which they started, by which time we had already consumed a couple of pints (well, I didn't have anything to drink.) Some time later they finally started the show; Pride Week has lasted for...yes, you guessed it - a week - and they always end it by having a sort of an award show. This year there were four awards handed out, but the most important one went to Wenche Foss, our national diva, she's the BEST and she was given the award for most gay-friendly or whatever. I remember reading an article about her a few weeks ago where she stated "a person who doesn't like homosexuals can't be a friend of mine" - and I absolutely adore that statement. This lady is 86 years old and doesn't seem to age (even though she herself says she does.) She is more liberal than a lot of people belonging to the generation below hers. I'm very impressed. So naturally she got a huge applause and was probably the most popular choice in years. Didn't spot any old mistakes friends, well, perhaps a couple of them, but they didn't see me, so all's well that ends well. Yes, even though I made some very good friends during that period of my life, I made quite a few mistakes that I'd just like to forget, sorry to say. Anyway, next year Oslo will be hosting EuroPride, which usually is a big celebration when being hosted anywhere else in Europe but I'll be very surprised if more than 20,000 people turn up for the festivities (they're hoping 60,000.) Would be nice if I were wrong.

In other news, a friend of a friend of mine just sold her newest play to a theatre for an interesting sum of money. Must try and get a grip and actually get a degree and finally become what I've (obviously) always wanted to be: An author; any kind, really, all kinds of writing appeal to me, but of course nowadays I'd like to be a playwright. This probably will may change, though. :-)

Morten Rudå apparently sang one of the songs featured in La Cage at the opening show of Pride Week; how I wish I had been there! This past week has gone past incredibly slowly; feels like it's been a month since I last saw La Cage but that means I've also had a lot of time to ponder upon life's little mysteries. For instance, I've come to the conclusion that considering how much Rudå had changed his Albin (the character; it's not a euphemism) from the Tuesday performance to the Saturday one, it would have been great for it to run for another month, at least. Of course, that probably would have ruined me at last and I couldn't possibly afford going to Victoria Sound of Musvik during the new season. *winks*

Current track: Gloria Gaynor - I Am What I Am

Labels: , , , ,

Comments:
I hope they have awards like that in Spain. The Spanish prime minister would be an obvious candidate. His government is preparing to open up for same-sex marriages with full civil and legal rights! Aug
 
Post a Comment

Free counter and web stats This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

All text except quotes © 2003-2013 Schizoid / Lonyc Productions.