<$BlogRSDUrl$>

2,000 hamsters can't be wrong.

14 June 2004

So Ordinary 

That's it. I'm not an original. The tests they took today, to see if I could become a blood donor, showed that I'm pretty normal. Of course, in this matter that's a good thing. ;-) I've got a bruise from where she inserted the syringe, but who cares. Maybe they'll want me after all. I didn't tell them I probably shouldn't see the other blood donors, though, as I may faint. *laughs* The hospital area was like a town of its own, I was quite amazed. It was like my first day at uni; it was so huge I decided to just follow the rest. Unfortunately that didn't help much, since they were all newbies and hadn't read the map either.

Oh, and I was given a rose. Apparently today was the international blood donor day. As I was waiting for the bus, a girl about my age, with a dog and eating an ice cream, came up to me and said "so you've got a rose." What I should have said was "no, that's a car," but instead I just smiled and after a long and awkward pause we started talking about her dog. I'm sure she was just in a very good mood because of the weather and all that, I'm just not used to complete strangers walking up to me and starting to talk; I generally think they may have a lost a few marbles. So I apologise to whomever she was; you just caught me at an inopportune moment, that's all. Try again in a few months. :-)

By the way, did you know that during one operation they use blood from up to 200 people? I guess that's why they've been going on and on about wanting new blood donors.

Current track: Boogie Pimps - Somebody to Love

Labels: ,

Comments: Post a Comment

Free counter and web stats This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

All text except quotes © 2003-2013 Schizoid / Lonyc Productions.