<$BlogRSDUrl$>

2,000 hamsters can't be wrong.

06 July 2004

Going Back to My Roots 

Surfing the web I happened upon...well, entered the URL of my hometown's daily newspaper. Now, I come from a town that's had 33,000 inhabitants for decades. I have no idea why that figure never changes. I'm thinking there's a black hole somewhere, probably hidden behind a school or something. No matter, there's something very safe about one's hometown. Or it's supposed to be. I feel proud of my hometown and I always pay attention whenever it's mentioned on the news. I also defend my dialect (fiercely, I might add) and the customs of the people there. At the same time, I can't stand staying there. I'm pretty sure I've got tons of unsolved issues with that town, because I hate going there. I think I'm afraid of meeting anyone I used to know, people from school or something; I tried to start anew when I moved to Oslo (so did about half of my old school, LOL! We used to bump into each other on campus) so going back only brings back very bad memories. Yet I hardly ever regret anything I've done; it just adds to my experience, I believe. I would like to be one of those who turn 50 and move back to their birthplace because they loved it there, but it doesn't look good. Explain to me how I can be a big supporter of my hometown (which actually isn't my hometown any longer) and still hate being there.

Current track: Tungtvann - Plan B

Labels: ,

Comments: Post a Comment

Free counter and web stats This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

All text except quotes © 2003-2013 Schizoid / Lonyc Productions.