<$BlogRSDUrl$>

2,000 hamsters can't be wrong.

01 July 2004

I Was Blind and Now I Can Seeeeee... 

No, I haven't had an(other) epiphany or gone religious all of a sudden. I got my new glasses today. Went in for a check-up last week, since I've been noticing the fact that my eyesight has deteriorated this past year. Too true, it turned out; it's changed rapidly and I definitely needed new glasses. They were done today and the second I put them on, I thought "WHY didn't I do this months ago? Like, back in January. I could have saved heaps on theatre tickets; not having to sit within the first three rows all the time." The problem is, I'll be walking around like a toddler for a few days, as everything has shrunk, including me, and I'm having problems using the stairs. This proved to be a laugh at the shopping centre today; I felt like I was taking unnecessarily large steps onto the escalators. I probably was.

I celebrated my new extra eyes by buying three CD's...because...uhmm...I use my eyes for listening? No? Anyway, I'm very pleased with all three of them: Muse - Showbiz, Basement Jaxx - Kish Kash and Morrissey - You are the Quarry. I have only recently discovered Morrissey, and I do mean "recently", as in "these past few days", and I don't know why I haven't noticed him before. Blame it on stupidity. Or the boogie. See if I care.

In other news, our much-anticipated intranet was finally installed and tested today, so after three years of quarrelling with the boss, trying to explain to him why the company would benefit greatly from having a server system, including Internet access for all of its employees, we have succeeded somewhat. He was about to pull the plug today, but we managed to prevent it by telling him to have a bit of patience, and after a few hours the system was up and running, so he calmed down. Unfortunately he knows nothing of computers; he's in for quite a few surprises and will probably freak out at some point, meaning we will have to get rid of the system again. Or so he thinks. We've decided it's there to stay now, even if that means we'll have to gag and bind him and put him in his own wine cellar. ;-)

Current track: Basement Jaxx - Lucky Star

Labels: , ,

Comments: Post a Comment

Free counter and web stats This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

All text except quotes © 2003-2013 Schizoid / Lonyc Productions.