<$BlogRSDUrl$>

2,000 hamsters can't be wrong.

04 July 2004

Obsessions 

Found myself having been whistling the same song for hours on end tonight and finally decided to watch the film from which the song was taken. It's Privates on Parade, one of those 20 or so films that I have seen more than five times each and that I just don't mind watching over and over. Having browsed that "list" I see that quite a few of them have a couple of things in common. *laughs* Make up your own mind: The Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert ("Oh Felicia, where the fuck are we?" - Terence Stamp in drag is such a bold move) - The Birdcage (it's Hank, it's Nathan, it's Robin, it's Gene in a funky outfit AND it's got "We Are Family" as its theme song) - Bring Me the Head of Mavis Davis (it's the perfect film for Rik Mayall - and he's turned blond for this one) - The Cannonball Run (!!!) - A Fish Called Wanda ("I Wendy, I Wanda, I wonder...") - Fucking Åmål / Show Me Love (English title) - Galaxy Quest ("Mum's the word!" / "Mum. Mum.")- Groundhog Day (got to love Bill Murray) - In & Out ("She was too OLD for Yentl!") - Just One of the Guys (I love a good farce mixed with American mid-eighties teenage angst) - Monty Python and the Holy Grail ("One day, lad, all this will be yours." / "What, the curtains?")- Monty Python's Life of Brian ("Crucifixion?" / "Yes." / "Good. Out of the door, line on the left, one cross each. Next!") - My Bloody Valentine (brilliant for a film night on Hallowe'en) - Peter's Friends (great music, great cast) - Robin Hood: Men in Tights ("Unlike some other Robin Hoods, I can speak with an English accent!" - and Roger Rees is fabulous as the Sheriff of Rottingham) - Tootsie (what can I say; it's the best) - Victor/Victoria (great music, and it's got both James Garner and Dame Julie) - You've Got Mail (to me it's the ultimate romantic story.)

Current track: Still whistling the title song from Privates on Parade

Labels:

Comments: Post a Comment

Free counter and web stats This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

All text except quotes © 2003-2013 Schizoid / Lonyc Productions.