<$BlogRSDUrl$>

2,000 hamsters can't be wrong.

06 July 2004

Wake-up Call 

My morning ritual is basically to push the snooze button on my mobile five or six times (it goes off every five minutes) before even thinking of getting out of bed. My radio is turned on at around the same time so I stay in bed listening to the weather report (!!), the national news, the local news AND a couple of songs before hitting the shower in a sleepy daze. Today was slightly different. By the time the local news started I was wide awake. The headline was that my one and only love the Oslo Nye theatre is about to go bankrupt after this season if the city council won't grant them more money. It was the way they conveyed this piece of news that must have woken me, because this has been a news item for the past four fiscal years. :-( At first I thought "you mean it didn't help that I spent my lousy money there this season?" but then I realised that they were of course considering last year's income and let's say I must have been living under a rock somewhere in Alaska all through 2003 because I didn't visit that theatre even once. I was supposed to, but it never happened. Anyway, their remedy is to have a sell-out run of Victoria this upcoming season. Sorry, can't help you there. There's no way I'll pay to see Herborg Kråkevik on stage. If it'd been for keeping her off stage, I'd gladly do it.

The good news, of course, is that I know the theatre will survive somehow because in a few years' time I'm going to be involved with the production of Noises Off there - hey, I'm ready now, coming to think of it, just need a bit of money...

Current track: My neighbour's drunken rowing with either a mate or the telly. I'm having fish tonight wearing earplugs tonight. As usual.

Labels: , ,

Comments: Post a Comment

Free counter and web stats This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

All text except quotes © 2003-2013 Schizoid / Lonyc Productions.