<$BlogRSDUrl$>

2,000 hamsters can't be wrong.

10 August 2004

Crazy Man on the Tube! 

The film was remarkably good! Perhaps I should tell you which film it was; Norwegians would have heard of it, because it's Norwegian, but don't expect to see it on any non-Norwegian shelves anytime soon! I think our biggest success in the last ten years has been Elling - a little gem that actually got Oscar-nominated last year, and I would recommend it wholeheartedly. I went around thinking I'd hate it for about a year, before watching it on telly and thinking "they were right, all those tens of thousands of people going several times to the cinema to see this!" Ahem. Back to today's film, Salto, salmiakk og kaffe (I finally got the "salto" (somersault) reference! Cor, sometimes I'm so thick.) - the whole title translates (a bit roughly) to "Somersault, Cleaner and Coffee" and I'm pretty sure that's not the English title they'll give it. ;-) I've been looking forward to that film since...February 25, I'd say. It was well worth the wait. There were quite a few chuckles and belly-laughs throughout the film, but in between the pace slowed down and the comedy went into drama and even tragedy before going back. At one point there I was thinking the director may have seen Requiem for a Dream; the cinematography and music AND theme all reminded me of that one. Dialogue was kind of iffy at certain points, but that was mainly on the young actors' part and we all know there's much room for improvement when it comes to children. All in all I was having a good time; didn't even look at my watch during the screening! Looking forward to seeing all ten of the films director Mona J. Hoel is going to make based on the characters from this film.

Now, about the crazy man on the tube. Not sure what was wrong with him, but I caught a glimpse of him just as he was shaking his head furiously while biting his fist and making a hissing sound and I had great difficulties trying to stay serious after that. Apparently he was just having a brief fit because he was more normal the rest of the trip (there was the occasional omitting of that hissing sound, though.) What nearly cracked me up, though, was the look on the face of the girl sitting next to him; as I caught her eye she had this desperate look, I could almost hear her whispering "help..." as she was sitting there wedged between the crazy guy and her friend. Poor girl. How come I attract all these weird people, I'm wondering? Could it be...I'm one of them? And they're kind of...smelling their way towards where I'm situated? Mind you, it was rather hot out today (still is) so they may have just smelt my natural reaction to the heat. ;-)

Current track: Venke Knutson - Kiss

Labels: , ,

Comments:
LOL over that crazy man on the tube.. I could just imagine how fun it had to be watching that man as he was biting his fists and making hissing sounds... LOL...
 
LOL, actually, I'm not so sure. He looked kind of scary and we glanced at each other just as he had the fit, so there's an image I won't forget anytime soon. Bet you he'll remember me and hang around all the tube stations in case I turn up. Maybe HE'S my stalker? ;-)
 
Post a Comment

Free counter and web stats This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

All text except quotes © 2003-2013 Schizoid / Lonyc Productions.