<$BlogRSDUrl$>

2,000 hamsters can't be wrong.

02 September 2004

I Hate Paying Bills 

I hate it, I hate it, I hate it. What's the point in earning any money when all of it disappears during its first week in your possession anyway? Hmph. At least I've paid the TV license fee and that means I can watch telly with a clear conscience for another six months. Now, I quite like NRK, our state channel, but at the same time I'm well aware of the fact that the BBC, which I not only like but rather love dearly, demands a license fee of about half of what NRK wants. Hmph. And how about the hostage situation in Russia? I know no words to describe what I think of them. Hmph.

Began watching Dead Like Me today and loved it. Thought I'd hate it, so that was a very pleasant surprise indeed. Speaking of following a series; I'd been watching no less than 19 episodes of American Dreams when I spotted the name Joseph Lawrence at the beginning of the episode. I thought "hey, that'll be interesting, to see what he looks like now!" (I sometimes watched Blossom after school) - but by the end of the episode I still hadn't seen him...until suddenly I realised that he's been part of the show since the very beginning. How stupid am I? I've seen him in almost every single episode and yet I just haven't recognised him until now. I repeat: 19 episodes...

Oh, and WHY did I need all of this summer to realise that Waking the Dead was more than "just another crime series"? *rolls her eyes* The next time anyone interesting comes along, I'd like for someone to slap me so I'll wake up and smell the coffee. Hmm...I'm sure I've got that 1999 version of David Copperfield somewhere...

Need to watch the rest of Normal before going to bed. It's a brilliant film, Tom Wilkinson is his usual, amazingly talented self. Three and a half thumbs up!

I should probably be going to the cinema a lot these next few months; lots of new, Norwegian films that actually look good - and then there are five plays or shows that I'd like to see this autumn AND I'm going to London to see a couple of shows in a few weeks - I don't see how I'll find the time to go to work! *winks*

Current track: Nothing. Listening to the news.

Labels: , , , , , ,

Comments: Post a Comment

Free counter and web stats This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

All text except quotes © 2003-2013 Schizoid / Lonyc Productions.