<$BlogRSDUrl$>

2,000 hamsters can't be wrong.

21 September 2004

London: Earplugs 

When I arrived at the hotel, four hours before check-in, the concierge asked me if I would rather have one of their apartments instead of the tiny room I was supposed to have. Same price, breakfast still included. Let's see...uhmm...I was frantically trying to see what the catch could possibly be, but couldn't find any and so accepted.

The apartment had a sitting room, a kitchen, a bedroom and a bathroom. It was not the same standard as the rest of the hotel (I've stayed there a few times before), though. The loo was...interesting. I'm usually good at understanding how foreign toilets work, but this one was in a league of its own. The handle didn't quite work as it should. The shower didn't work, either, but luckily there was a bath. The kitchen counters may have been wiped a few times, but they probably hadn't been clean since they were installed. Nice.

Coming from Norway, I'm used to double and triple glazing, but the double glazing at this place was a bit of a disappointment, to say the least. The windows were all facing a very busy high street and it sounded like they were constantly open. Thus the earplugs. Not that I'm not used to wearing those back home. :-(

Make no mistake, I was happy to stay there and the state of the room didn't affect me much at all; I would definitely go back to stay there the next time I visit. I especially liked the kitchen and the fact that I didn't have to hand in my key all the bloody time.

Current track: Anne Grete Preus - Fryd

Labels:

Comments: Post a Comment

Free counter and web stats This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

All text except quotes © 2003-2013 Schizoid / Lonyc Productions.