<$BlogRSDUrl$>

2,000 hamsters can't be wrong.

07 September 2004

That Was Embarrassing! 

I watched the documentary Trekkies earlier tonight and I must say it made me quite ashamed of being a fan. I'm not a Star Trek fan myself; I don't care if they say it's a show you either love or hate - I like to see all the nuances in between and when it comes to that show I merely like it. I learned about the show through playing a Star Trek quiz on the Amiga back in...1990? 1991? Not quite sure. I knew absolutely nothing about the show until then (since it wasn't shown on any of the three channels we were receiving), but after having played the quiz for some time I learned very much about it. Took me another eight years till I saw one of the films, though. I've never seen a whole episode of any of the series, but I think the films are great. Anyway, this didn't make much sense.

I guess my point is after watching all those very weird people Trekkies I started thinking "being a fan is kind of sad". Of course, I'm not like them; not that extreme, anyway, although I'm probably on the medium plus plus side of the scale when it comes to some of the people of whom I'm a fan, meaning I've bought a few rare films/albums but never any film costumes/strands of hair/bits of nail varnish etc. (Bits of nail varnish? Phwoar, who are these people?) Some of the people in the documentary were quite clearly a marble or fourteen short, but others were just a bit more enthusiastic than the average person and were probably harmless.

I'm going to end this post by showing you a photo I took yesterday. Autumn didn't arrive after all, so we got a little bit more summer and I simply had to take advantage of that. Take care!



Current track: Nothing.

Labels: , ,

Comments: Post a Comment

Free counter and web stats This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

All text except quotes © 2003-2013 Schizoid / Lonyc Productions.