<$BlogRSDUrl$>

2,000 hamsters can't be wrong.

03 October 2004

A Funny Thing Happened As I Was Watching Forum 

I'm just too daft sometimes. I bought A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum (the film from 1966) a few months ago but didn't put it into the DVD player until today at around breakfast time. About two minutes into the film I thought "so that's what Michael Crawford looked like when he was younger...but...haven't I seen that guy before?" He looked a lot like the guy from Some Mothers Do 'Ave 'Em - a comedy series I know because my mother thinks it's funny. Personally, it's too much slapstick for me, but it ran for five series so it must have been a hit back in the mid-seventies. Anyway, I just had to turn on my computer to check IMDb, and turns out I was right; he did indeed play the protagonist of that series. How did I miss that completely when I taped a few episodes for my mother a couple of years ago? I mean, I always read all the credits on everything I watch!

Also, the first reviews of Sound of Musvik are out; I read the one written by Mona Levin and she didn't quite like it, as usual. I wonder if that woman ever enjoys anything in her life. AND I can't believe they let her write the book about Oslo Nye Teater for its 75th anniversary this year; she can't write (I'm not just speaking about her spelling; that's not half bad, but more about the fact that she writes very plainly) and it's probably filled with miserable stuff. Unfortunately (for all of us) she is one of those reviewers that make my theory even more firm: Most reviewers are just failed actors/directors/producers/writers/musicians/artists and want to get revenge on the scene that "unjustly ignored them" because they had no talent. Why on earth don't they just get another profession? Why does everyone have to be so damn negative all the time; it's like other people's happiness should be squashed at every opportunity.


Maria (right) and her vicious, lesbian twin sister Marina.
Photo: Bent Are Iversen, Aftenposten


I'm going to see Sound of Musvik next week no matter what. AND I know I'm going to love it. I don't care if Levin is actually right (for once) - that the story isn't too consistent. The fun part of that play is to watch them change costumes like a whirlwind and then lose track of the next (ten) lines. It's supposed to be fun, for God's sake! Loosen up a little, Levin; you may actually end up enjoying something sometime!

Or...is this a revenge for Mysteriet Myrna Vep when they made a gag about her; I'm pretty sure it was Hatlo that said to Joner that he had to be more professional and get back to the script or else he'd make sure Mona Levin would review the play! Aha!

I think I'm going to start calling her Sylvia. Regular theatre-goers probably understand why.

Current track: Armand van Helden - My My My (my current favourite)

Labels: , , , , ,

Comments: Post a Comment

Free counter and web stats This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

All text except quotes © 2003-2013 Schizoid / Lonyc Productions.