<$BlogRSDUrl$>

2,000 hamsters can't be wrong.

24 October 2004

Sports, Docs and Daniel Auteuil 

I have a history of cheering for the underdog...or rather find the wrong team to back. I started following Sheffield Wednesday while they were in Premier League. A few years later they were to be found in Second Division. My hometown's team finally dissolved a couple of years ago and was resurrected in another division and with another name. As I don't live there anymore, this was very confusing and so I just gave up on the team. Last year, when I started playing Championship Manager 4, I chose the American team D.C. United as the team I wanted to manage. I knew nothing of any players or teams from the US prior to this. Now I feel connected to D.C. United. Everton was my team for many years, though, just because I was put on that team when we were playing a Saturday game in year one - the parents thought it'd be fun to name our teams after English ones. I also always cheer for Arsenal whenever they're playing against anyone other than Wednesday (which may only happen during the cup these days) - simply because David Seaman used to play there. Duh. Anyway, my current Norwegian team just secured their second season in the top division this weekend, so yay!

I have recently discovered I'm in love with the comedy series Green Wing. I would like to marry that series, actually, but it's not very likely that'll happen so I'll just have to settle for the weekly watching. It's just that every time an episode ends I want it to go on for at least another hour. Woe is me.

About Daniel Auteuil, I have been checking my collection and found out that I've got quite a lot of films starring him. I bought another one this week, Le Bossu (The Hunchback). I was minding my own business at work when suddenly this scene from a film I had seen not long ago popped up in my mind and I thought "didn't Daniel Auteuil have a part in that one?" So I paid IMDb a visit (as you do) and soon found out which film it was. With the emergence of the Internet it's become (far too) easy to buy stuff (you don't necessarily need) and it didn't take me many seconds to order the film from Play (which of course stocks all sorts of wonderful things). Watched ot yesterday, and it was as good as I remembered it to be. I've become quite the fan of Auteuil's this past year. It all started with The Girl on the Bridge and the fandom was definitely sealed when I first saw The Closet. The good thing is thanks to Amélie and Daniel Auteuil I have rediscovered French film. I used to watch whatever they threw at me on the only three TV channels we had when I was younger, but as the number of channels increased, my scope decreased and for a while there I was watching only English-speaking films, with the occasional Norwegian and Swedish ones thrown in for good measure. Seems like I'm back on the right track now, though. Lots more independent films and a lot less Hollywood trash.

Current track: Eric Prydz - Call On Me

Labels: , , , , , ,

Comments: Post a Comment

Free counter and web stats This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

All text except quotes © 2003-2013 Schizoid / Lonyc Productions.