<$BlogRSDUrl$>

2,000 hamsters can't be wrong.

28 December 2004

Christmas Fun Disorder 

This Christmas has been a nice one (so far). Since my parents were mainly done with all the decorating and cleaning and dusting and food making and shopping and all that by the time I got there on "little Christmas Eve", we had a very nice evening filled with...well, telly, really. There was a fair bit of slagging the singing and decorating and food making going on on telly. Fun was had by all. Finally got to see the Swedish version of Chess. Absolutely stunning.

Christmas Eve was very nice indeed; excellent food and drink all around, nice cup of coffee afterwards, then the presents (handed out by me as usual - not quite sure when it all turned and I had to do all the Father Christmas things) at around eight or nine in the evening (starting later every year), and finally chatting till past midnight. Lots of sparkly things flying about all evening and well into Christmas Day, as someone in the family had bought sparkly wrapping paper. Oh, well.

On Christmas Day I got up past noon (!) and we got around to having breakfast at around one thirty. Snow had fallen during the night (so much for a green Christmas for once) and my father had gone outside to plow the surrounding street as well as our garden (back and front). Eventually persuaded them to watch Love Actually with me (didn't have to work too hard; my mother noticed Colin Firth's name on the cover of the DVD and said "press play!"). We then went to this year's family get-together, which was very nice indeed; some of those people I hadn't seen for three or four years.

Boxing Day was spent watching films and helping my mother ordering some books from Amazon, as well as trying to out-do each other in laziness. Ended up watching three films. In the midst of everything the tragic earthquake and following tsunami in Asia caught our attention and so the rest of the evening was spent watching the news.

Got back home yesterday. The train was actually full by the time we reached Oslo. I sprang home to a highly anticipated event, indeed the highlight of this Christmas, namely a truly yummy Philip Quast appearing in this year's Midsomer Murders Christmas special (which was actually shown in Australia a few months ago). There couldn't have been a better way to celebrate Christmas than with a nice, wholesome murder and a gorgeous Aussie on telly. And to top it off, lots of Christmas specials of my favourite shows: The Vicar of Dibley, AbFab (with a brilliant Nathan Lane this year), Q.I., Dead Ringers, The Kumars at No. 42, My Family and a bit of Outtake TV (unfortunately not with Paul O'Grady any longer) as well as a one-off comedy starring lots of the current comedy stars of Britain; The Flint Street Nativity. I am overwhelmed.

AND I've got chocolate!

Current track: Howard Goodall - The theme for Q.I.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

Comments: Post a Comment

Free counter and web stats This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

All text except quotes © 2003-2013 Schizoid / Lonyc Productions.