<$BlogRSDUrl$>

2,000 hamsters can't be wrong.

19 December 2004

European Handball Champions! Or: We Beat Denmark! 

As tonight's finals between Norway and Denmark in the European championships started, I realised I didn't recognise more than two of the players! I must have been away from the world handball for too long. I used to know every player on the Norwegian, Danish, German and Austrian teams, but this was some years ago, apparently, since they're now basically swapped with younger players. Some of the players I remember have turned to commentating instead, the rest are probably...uhmm...at home with the kids? Nah. Does this mean I'm turning older as well? ;-)

The point is: Our team beat the Danish team and that's always been what matters most. So we're the European champions again, and about time, too! It's been too long since we've won any championships...hang on...the last time must have been around the time I stopped watching handball...

Is it all my fault? Have I turned into God?

Again?

Then why didn't I win the ten million jackpot in yesterday's lottery?

I did something much more fun than winning the lottery yesterday, though. I went to the theatre! Quélle surprise! (If you've paid any attention at all, you probably knew I was going.) It was fab! And sad! And then I ended up having a terrible headache! Argh. But despite the headache and the sadness I was very happy. And yes, we may have a wee split personality problem.

Today's bout of LotR playing has left me at 89% completed, and I have been cursing a bit during some of the fights. But now that I've come this far there's no way I'm going to put the game away until I've finished the bloody thing. So the neighbours will have to live with the sound of nazgul screams and troll growls emerging from my flat for another day or so. Mwahahahahaaah.

Current track: Still got "Somebody's Taken Maria Away" on my mind.

Labels: , , , ,

Comments:
Yeah, we won! Woo! Unfortunately, I wagered on the total number of goals in the match and lost by 3 measly goals! Bah! Damn those bleeping such and suchs! But, as you were saying; Yay. Or something. Bleep! -Cato
 
Oh, you poor thing.

Still...we won! Yay!
 
"And yes, we may have a wee split personality problem"

Does that mean that from this day on this blog actually has a dual ownership? We’ll be in for a dualistic (or even pluralistic?) profile and lots of conflicting views then? ;)

Could either of you issue a ‘who’s who’ signature please?

Moreover, the readership will have to muster some breadth of vision, I reckon :)


Happy Holidays to both/all of you!

Aug
 
Post a Comment

Free counter and web stats This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

All text except quotes © 2003-2013 Schizoid / Lonyc Productions.