<$BlogRSDUrl$>

2,000 hamsters can't be wrong.

13 January 2005

Happy, Happy, Happy 

I am strangely proud about the fact that my boys Erasure have entered the official UK single chart at number four. That's their best chart position since 1994. Wahey the lads!

Also, and I should have said this on Sunday when I actually went to the sneak preview, I have to mention Jean-Pierre Jeunet's new masterpiece, Un long dimanche de fiançailles (A Very Long Engagement), starring several of the best actors out there. Visit the official site here. (Because I can't be bothered to write more about it, mwahahaah!)

Speaking (a lot) of Erasure (lately) - I watched most of their Hits! DVD last night, and realised I had seen very few of their music videos after 1992. I had, in fact, only seen a couple, and only once each. That is very sad. Of course, that made me notice a few things I wouldn't have if I knew the videos very well. Among them, that Coupling actor Ben Miles appeared in their video for Fingers & Thumbs (Cold Summer's Day) (which was a great video, by the way). I was also reminded of the fact that Erasure have made some really funny videos, in both senses of the word.

Current track: Erasure - Siren Song

Labels: , ,

Comments: Post a Comment

Free counter and web stats This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

All text except quotes © 2003-2013 Schizoid / Lonyc Productions.