<$BlogRSDUrl$>

2,000 hamsters can't be wrong.

03 January 2005

Tell Me Something... 

...have I got huge strands of hair growing out of my ears? No? Well, answer me this, then: How do they find out which radio channel is Europe's leading cultural radio channel? Apparently, according to Norwegian newspaper Dagbladet this title belongs to our very own NRK P2 (incidentally the host of my favourite Norwegian radio show, the satirical Hallo i uken). I've often wondered how they figure these things out. Personally, I think a lot of it is just made up, really. OK, so I know the channel in question is filled to the brink with cultural stuff (of the more "high culture" kind, ahem), and their choice of nightly music comes from the highly esteemed (and ever so often wrongly named) classical genre, but as far as I know BBC Radio 3 does the same, doesn't it?

I'm also very happy to know that our world is a complete disgrace. Once again the humans have proven to have had no use of their superior intelligence other than to take advantage of other people's misfortune. People are using the VISA, Mastercard and cashcard numbers of registered patients at hospitals in SE Asia as the institutions go public with whatever information they have on unidentified victims. Also, the lists of missing persons currently being put on the Internet have turned out to be a list of opportunities of burglars. There are sometimes I just wish the Christians were right in thinking there must be a Heaven and there must be a Hell...

Earlier today, I experienced something of a glimpse of Heaven, actually, as I was going home from work. A friend pointed out this stunning view to me, and I'm quite sure this was a once-in-a-life chance. Unfortunately, the only camera I was carrying was the one on my mobile, which isn't of the best quality, but nevertheless it's better than no picture of the event at all:




Thankfully, our government is adding another € 122 million / £ 86 million to the tsunami aid, while the Scandinavian missing persons lists shrink by the hour.

Be safe!

Current track: Basement Jaxx - Where's Your Head At?

Labels: , ,

Comments:
That’s a truly remarkable glimpse of heaven! What sort of event was this? An unusual manifestation of northern light or a one-in-a-million juxtaposition of clouds and the seven heavenly spheres?
I wouldn’t mind having this kind of picture for a wallpaper, be it on my PC or in my living room! :)
Aug
 
It was confirmed as having been a mother-of-pearl cloud. Yay!
 
Post a Comment

Free counter and web stats This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

All text except quotes © 2003-2013 Schizoid / Lonyc Productions.