<$BlogRSDUrl$>

2,000 hamsters can't be wrong.

01 February 2005

Will I be Famous? 

Who cares?

Anyway, I went to see some stand-up yesterday, and they (that is, NRK, our state channel; Brits and other Scandinavians will understand me when I say they're the ones who get our license fee) were filming the whole thing. We knew this beforehand, as it's part of this spring's "Usett" ("Unseen") series featuring some of the nation's best stand-up comedians. We had a great time, laughing for 90 minutes more or less non-stop (how can anything be "more or less non-stop"?). Unfortunately, we were filmed several times and may have to appear on TV. And this other, tiny part of me will be very miffed indeed if we don't. ;-) All of yesterday's performers were truly fantastic (otherwise we wouldn't have been laughing) and it was great to finally see Lisa Tønne and Espen Beranek Holm live (I don't care about your not knowing who they are). I also noticed that Espen smelled very nice as he swooshed past me (actually, Mr. Holm probably never swooshes. But he is one of our best impersonators, you may compare him to my other favourite, Jon Culshaw, any day). My theory (that you'll always see a celeb in downtown Oslo) kept up after the show, when a couple of actors from the National walked past us in the semi-cold weather. Yes, it's semi-cold, we shouldn't complain because this is the warmest January we've had since 1938 and I'm ecstatic, all the while parts of Europe who've hardly ever seen snow before are getting lots of it. Shouldn't Greenpeace be demonstrating somewhere close to the ozone layer?

Current track: Erasure - Breathe (When Andy Bell met Manhattan Clique extended remix) (which was rather cool, in a funky, off-key sort of way)

Labels: , ,

Comments: Post a Comment

Free counter and web stats This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

All text except quotes © 2003-2013 Schizoid / Lonyc Productions.