<$BlogRSDUrl$>

2,000 hamsters can't be wrong.

18 April 2005

That's Not Fair! 

Look at my poor monk, Timon Siger (I have no idea from where I got that name, probably a random key-pressing event) - fighting a giant king! It's simply not a fair fight!

...especially since Timon is basically immune to everything and has absorbing armour. The poor king had to fight him for fifteen minutes (while I was watching Spooks and eating crisps) before finally succumbing to Timon's great martial skills (and the game had the giant king down as "Impossible" to beat? Something clearly wasn't right) - and of course the fact that dear Timon has had training as a shadowdancer in addition to his monk profession helped a bit.

You see, several events led to Timon meeting the king today. Yesterday I was playing Gothic, eventually discovering the cumbersome controls had my hand in a cramped state and I had to give it a rest. Not managing to stay away for long, I returned to my desk after only about an hour, finding out that I was about to miss the entire last beta weekend of Guild Wars. I opened my old client (been participating in a lot of those events ever since I first heard of the game), downloaded the updated files and marvelled at the new and improved graphics since my last visit. By the time I put the game down, at around half eleven, I was hooked and very sad to let my level 6 Monk/Mesmer character, who loved to dance, cheer and smite evil creatures on her travels, go. So, being absolutely mad about the game, I ordered it earlier today and simply had to find an interim substitute. The natural choice seemed to be Neverwinter Nights, which I hadn't played for ten months, God knows why, and now I'm hooked again.

The important thing to notice about this whole evening is that I did manage to stop playing for a while in order to do the washing-up. Yay me!

Current track: Hum, hum, hum and be glum. It's my computer's fan again.

Labels: , ,

Comments: Post a Comment

Free counter and web stats This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

All text except quotes © 2003-2013 Schizoid / Lonyc Productions.