<$BlogRSDUrl$>

2,000 hamsters can't be wrong.

24 May 2005

Discoveries in the Basement 

I'm moving house at the moment and that means I have a lot of tidying up to do. I'm very attached to memories, but this time around I've decided to be very firm and throw away most things that I haven't used for years. That actually includes my old Amiga 500!!! My apologies to classic gamers out there, but read a bit further to understand my decision: Mouse. Nest. Pee. I wouldn't risk turning on the old bugger only to be fried. There are plenty of emulators out there. So my trusty Friend, AKA Mike Amiga (yes, I named it) (I was nine) (excuses, excuses), whose input devices hardly work anymore, will have to die. The same goes for my old typewriter. Let's face it, if I would want to go back to "the good old days" I would much rather choose a manual typewriter, not the electrical one I've got. Might as well use a computer then.

So, the mouse, who was also named (Kåre) (not by me), turned up to frighten me in the middle of the tidying up and after that I hardly touched anything before my companion had checked everything. Twice. I'm such a wuss. I mean, I'm used to gerbils and hamsters, for god's sake, and Kåre was very cute, but I guess the surprise factor got to me. Anyway, he'd had the most wonderful time partying amongst most of my things, so I basically rescued what I could and threw away all the rest. What a clever little creature, shortening the time I used for tidying up so well!

No matter, I did find quite a lot of old memories. Photos. Postcards. Letters. Upon letters. I was an avid letter writer until I discovered the 'Net. A few years after that, too. But then it all died out. I found letters just now from people I couldn't remember ever having written to. I had penfriends all over the world. I was probably the one who ended the friendship in most cases, by not replying all of a sudden. Very me.

I also found my old wallets, which brings me to the point du jour. (Speaking of points; what the hell went on during the Eurovision Song Contest? Ooh, the less said, the better, I suppose.) My oldest wallet, which I believe I was given by a classmate back in year two, when I was popular (that didn't last, LOL, when they found out how weird I was), is white (-ish) and has lots of writing on it. On one side you can more or less clearly see the following, astounding, names: Kiefer Sutherland, Charlie Sheen, Ralph Macchio, Prince, Andy Bell (singer, Erasure)...so far, so good. Then, after a bit of squinting and turning of the wallet, I can make out Twisted Sister being written there. But then...Nigel Havers, Peter Coyote, Eric Idle, Michael York (really? Can't remember that), Michael Palin and Dustin Hoffman. Now, the latter two plus Nigel I still like quite a lot, but not "like that". I remember my old diary had Tom Cruise and Paul Newman written side by side on the cover. I have to admit I put Tom's name there to balance things out, because I've never fancied him. LOL! Ah, the memories...

Labels: , , , , , ,

Comments:
Hello!

Love your blog… just writing to let you know that our website, Mutant Reviewers (www.mutantreviewers.com), is doing a special “Trek Wars Week” for the week of June 5-11, in which we’ll focus on Star Trek and Star Wars movies through reviews, polls and articles.

Our staff of seven really loves working on our site (which loves all movies geek and cult), and have gone to extra lengths to make this upcoming theme week a special one for our visitors. If you would let your readers know about this event, that would be terrific!

Best,
Justin
www.mutantreviewers.com
 
Post a Comment

Free counter and web stats This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

All text except quotes © 2003-2013 Schizoid / Lonyc Productions.