<$BlogRSDUrl$>

2,000 hamsters can't be wrong.

19 May 2005

Fluffy Moments of Fun 

After watching the brilliant film Double Jeopardy (got to love Tommy Lee Jones and Bruce Greenwood) yesterday I finally got around to putting my beloved Bottom Fluff tape into the VCR. Since I bought it in Antwerp in 98 I must have viewed it a million times or thereabouts (meaning approximately twenty times) but it's still great fun. In case you're living under a rock or you're just not interested (then what the heck are you doing reading this?), Bottom Fluff is basically a lot of bloopers/fuck-ups (pardon my French but it's such a wonderful word, really) by the blokes behind the comedy series Bottom. I suggest you have a look further down this page under "British comedy favourites" or whatever I've called it. While you're there, you should take a look at all the other programmes I've listed there as well.

I should also mention Kung Fu Hustle, which I went to see ("exclusive" preview one month ahead of the real première, apparently) this Bank Holiday weekend. It was absolutely amazing. It's a must-buy, even on my newly adopted and extremely tight DVD budget (which consists of buying one DVD every month, no more. *gasps*). Looking forward to the release already! The film is sheer craziness and would suit those who like kung fu, Hong Kong martial arts films, stupid comedy, Mel Brooks and the like, high-pitched Chinese voices, action-packed fun, cool CGI effects, and for those who laughed all the way through Desperado (I did) and for those who thought Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon was too slow-paced but loved the fighting scenes - I'm guessing Kill Bill fans would like this film as well - and you would need a good dose of imagination. Also, do me a favour and don't bring your kids to see the film, even though it is your weekend and it's the last weekend the film is still running, like someone did when I went to see it. It's much too violent for them, and there are a few scenes that may be too similar to horror flicks for them to watch without any traumatic experiences being brought up much later on the shrink's sofa.

And, for the love of...something, could someone please explain to me why I watched the Sami news today? Twice??? (I'm not even remotely related to any Sami/Lapps!)

Current track: The Prodigy - Climbatize

Labels: , , ,

Comments:
Yay for kung fu hustle! Aren't you glad you have a slightly irritating person to inform you of these things? Thought so! Also, one dvd per month? I'd like to see that...
 
Post a Comment

Free counter and web stats This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

All text except quotes © 2003-2013 Schizoid / Lonyc Productions.