<$BlogRSDUrl$>

2,000 hamsters can't be wrong.

06 May 2005

THGTTG/H2G2 

...AKA The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy...

How I longed to hear the theme music and watch the film version of this brilliant radio show/book! The TV series is a laugh (on many levels) and should be watched by the core fans only. I'm not a core fan, meaning I don't actually own any rare, out-of-print "42" band aids or anything, but now that the film is out there really is no reason for the typical admirers to see the series.

I had to go to London to see the film before the summer (no, I didn't go just to see the film. I'm not that much a fan) and we ended up on the least original place in England when it comes to cinemas, namely Leicester Square. Not the Odeon, though, who charges you through the nose and back for a seat in one of their many centrally-controlled franchises. Argh. End of rant.

I had, unfortunately, watched too many trailers and features about the film, so by the time I saw the film I had already seen most of the funniest parts. That means I was kind of disappointed. But! The film itself was really good, and anyone with the slightest bit of an alternative edge to their sense of humour would like it. Sam Rockwell is spot on as Zaphod Beeblebrox and the Warwick Davies/Alan Rickman partnership that has become Marvin, the Paranoid Android is hilarious. Bill Nighy, however, overshadows whomever else is in his scenes - simply because he is Bill Nighy. Some of the special effects are stunning and spectacular and then there are some surprise cameos for the hardcore fans. :-)

Basically, you should see this. Just don't see any features or behind-the-scenes beforehand.

Current track: Eros Ramazzotti singing something on the radio.

Labels: , , , , ,

Comments: Post a Comment

Free counter and web stats This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

All text except quotes © 2003-2013 Schizoid / Lonyc Productions.