<$BlogRSDUrl$>

2,000 hamsters can't be wrong.

11 May 2005

VHS Memories 

I suddenly had this urge to go through some of my old tapes during the weekend, and by Bob, have I got much crap piled up in my collection! Well, not exactly crap, but there are quite a lot of those "what the hell..." moments when I skim through my extensive list (not posted here, as it is...much too long). There are music videos, hundreds of them, many of which I have only seen once. There are clips from countless films and TV shows because I liked the scene or liked the actor or liked the music or whatever. There are whole handball matches (don't ask). Quite a lot of them, and I'm not going to watch them again. There are clips from football matches. I've got some episodes of many shows, among them quite a lot of Waiting for God. To find them, I shall have to trawl through about ten cassettes. And we all know how tedious it is to rewind and fast forward those old four-hour-long tapes. Yesterday I found a cassette which had Red Nose of Courage and Mom and Dad Day Afternoon on it. I had no idea what the latter was, so after watching the former (as I am a fan of the Comic Strip films), I let the tape run and quickly remembered what Mom and Dad... was. It was an episode from the Carol and Friends show, starring Carol Burnett, Richard Kind, Terry Kiser and Peter Krause (I have been going insane trying to figure out where I had seen him before, ever since I started watching Six Feet Under years ago). Just the one episode, even though I watched them all, and I don't know what made this particular episode worth to keep. Hey, it was the early nineties. I blame stupidity.

Current track: Bruce Springsteen - Cover Me

Labels: , ,

Comments: Post a Comment

Free counter and web stats This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

All text except quotes © 2003-2013 Schizoid / Lonyc Productions.