<$BlogRSDUrl$>

2,000 hamsters can't be wrong.

07 July 2005

Yes, We Got it! 

Who would have thought we'd actually be hosting the Olympics here in our humble town of Stratford. Among other parts of the country. We went down to the station at around two o'clock in order to witness the festivities and there was plenty to see. We very nearly went on the BBC news, too, but that was merely a misjudgement on my part. I hardly think I'll be residing in this part of the city by the time the Olympics actually start, but who knows what the future will bring (apart from Nostradamus, that is, and he doesn't say much these days)? We were ecstatic, nonetheless, and celebrated by going to the cinema.

Will they change all the huge "Candidate City" signs everywhere now?

We are currently in Spooks mode, meaning we're marathon watching old episodes every evening after the regular programme ends (meaning when there's only crap left on telly). I introduced the series to my flatmate last week and she was hooked after having seen just one episode. The only drawback is that I watched the whole of series two and three during a few weeks just before I moved here, so I remember the action vividly, but it's a great programme and Peter Firth is in it, so it's definitely worth it.

Who would have thought (part two) that delivering DVD's from Play.com would take even longer time here than to Norway? I have been waiting for five days already (the usual amount of days it takes for any parcel to arrive at a Norwegian address from the UK), and today I get a slip in the post telling me that "sorry, I was out" when they tried to deliver it. I'm working from home, mate, I wasn't out all day. Try again. Try pushing the doorbell this time. So now I have to wait another two days in order to pick it up myself. Absolutely brilliant.

Current track: A muslim prayer.

Labels: , , , , ,

Comments: Post a Comment

Free counter and web stats This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

All text except quotes © 2003-2013 Schizoid / Lonyc Productions.