<$BlogRSDUrl$>

2,000 hamsters can't be wrong.

19 September 2005

I Have Paint under My Nails... 

...and it feels good! Means I've actually done something useful for a change. We went to help out at the local AmDram group on Saturday and I was tired afterwards. Strange, since we hadn't been doing that much, but still...an honest day's work and all that.

Paul O'Grady (love him) was slagging Norway on his show on Friday, but when Ant and Dec tried and seemed to enjoy eating "farikal" and drinking "glogg" and even did some hallingkast on live telly, I didn't feel the least bit miffed. Paul had worked in some club or other, presumably in the north of Norway, since he was talking about the bloody sun which was up all night and you don't get that beneath the Arctic circle. They were all back on live telly tonight (uhmm...Sunday night, as I see the clock has struck midnight three quarters of an hour ago); Paul as hilarious as ever and the two Geordie lads in awe of their plaque on the brand new Avenue of the Stars, which inauguration was celebrated on that very ITV show. We thought it was fun to see the fireworks simultaneously on telly and from our sitting room.

And then...drum roll, please...the new episode of Waking the Dead! Yay! I have been looking forward to that for weeks now, and this last week I've been mostly going around in a bit of a daze because of my anticipation for the new series. I was not disappointed, of course. What a brilliant drama that is. I am so amazed. And I simply love all the scenes with just Sue Johnston and Trevor Eve in them because they seem to have this great chemistry between them and it's just thrilling to watch. When I read they were mostly improvising the lines in those scenes I almost knelt and started worshipping their Radio Times photo. Almost. Because, contrary to popular belief, I am not entirely mad.

Lots of joy to the world also because we discovered a "new" chicken wings take-away yesterday; it is both closer and better than our usual one, so we quite swiftly swapped "regulars". It's a shame we don't go up to Leytonstone more often, because it's certainly livelier there and there are lots more local shops of all kinds. And Wossy grew up there, so what more can you want?

Current track: I have this weird conga tune spinning around in my head.

Labels: , , , ,

Comments: Post a Comment

Free counter and web stats This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

All text except quotes © 2003-2013 Schizoid / Lonyc Productions.