<$BlogRSDUrl$>

2,000 hamsters can't be wrong.

09 September 2005

The Sexiest Man on Telly and the Sexiest Man on Stage 

Haha, no, I haven't gone mad all of a sudden. I was just sitting here thinking about tonight's episode of House, starring Hugh Laurie, who emulates an American accent in the most brilliant way and who's been voted one of telly's sexiest men. If you haven't seen the series, you should. I really want Dr. House to be my GP, basically because he's so hopelessly blunt with people, and he has the most wicked sense of humour.

And then I found myself visiting "Mr. Storhoi's" website (part of my daily ritual, together with this page, EZBoard, VG Nett (tabloid news from home), IMDb (because there's always a film or actor I have to look up) and the Philip Quast message board) and realised today (or tomorrow, all depending on how you look at it) is the opening night of Death of a Salesman in Oslo, and I am almost as nervous as I would have been if I were part of it. But I'm not, which annoys me but doesn't surprise me. Here's to good reviews (which means Mona Levin should back off, as her reviews are very crudely written - and yes, she's one of the few individuals whose work I don't mind slagging online) and many happy performances for the cast, crew and audience.

Am I going a bit too far when I order a DVD from an Italian site when I don't know any Italian and end up paying about as much as the DVD is worth just in postage? The interesting bit was that I understood much more Italian than I first thought...although finding United Kingdom on their list of countries was a bit of a drag, haha! The sad part is that the film I bought is supposed to be rather dull. Perhaps I need a hobby.

Ooh, and for some reason I have started watching Arrested Development. I thought it was "just another one of those American sitcoms", but it isn't. This one is actually hilarious (according to myself), and even though I skipped the whole first series I got into the story very quickly.

Now, how to survive the return of both Waking the Dead and Spooks within the scope of a few weeks? I may have a seizure of some sort. Or, I could just find myself a new hobby and realise that the telly is not my friend.

Current track: I think I have "Suddenly I See" with KT Tunstall on my mind right now.

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

Comments:
The reviews are out now of course. They are generally positive but not raving, and Mona Levin didn’t even show. It would seem that Dennis is somewhat hampered by his ‘young’ age. The critics are unanimous about Birgitte Victoria Svendsen who seems to be brilliant as Willy Loman’s wife Linda.

I’ll find out for myself on October 1 and I’ll report back soon thereafter. A comparison with the current production might be interesting.
 
I was referring to the current London WE production :)
 
Post a Comment

Free counter and web stats This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

All text except quotes © 2003-2013 Schizoid / Lonyc Productions.