<$BlogRSDUrl$>

2,000 hamsters can't be wrong.

23 September 2005

Woe is Me... 

...for they have opened an HMV branch at our local shopping centre. I noticed it today as I went to buy a phone and wireless network card. I had a minor heart attack and then sprinted the whole fifty feet into the store. Aah. Fresh air. It's not the cheapest store around (the cheapest are online) but it's a good place to start if you just want to browse.

Our borough is among the lousiest in London when it comes to recycling. No wonder. When we tried to get anything useful out of our lettings agency and among other things asked them if there were any recycling skips etc. around, their answer was "nah, I shouldn't think so". WHAT??? Mind you, I come from a utopian country, apparently Norway and have been used to extensive recycling possibilities for about fifteen years. It hurts to throw away bottles (they don't have any return facilities here when it comes to plastic bottles, and I've been used to Tomra since before birth) and especially paper, when I know how incredibly stupid it is. Our waste disposal has quadrupled since we moved here and we both feel very ashamed. But there really is no recycling centre or even a bottle bank around here. Where I lived in Oslo there were six paper recycling skips and three bottle banks on my way to wok, which was a twenty-minute-walk away. I've said it before and somehow I don't think it'll be the last time: This place is an awfully backward one.

Still, they do make amazing TV. Personal favourite Rik Mayall is back on the screen next week and I can hardly contain myself. Rik in a fairly straight role - genius. That's how I first became a fan of his, you see. Fancy that; of all the things he's done I had to find a drama in order to be a fan of his. I had already been in love with Bottom for quite a while, but it was Remember Me? that did it for me. I'm also head over heels in love with Waking the Dead these days and am watching telly all day (well, it's on, anyway) just in case there's another trail for the programme. I will get over it (a few weeks after the last episode, I reckon) but right now I have nothing better to do. Speaking of which - we are planning on going downtown tomorrow; see a film (Asylum, please) and then go to a bar we were told about by one of the people from the AmDram group. Will tell you more about it tomorrow.

Right now I'm counting down to Wossy being back on the screen - I believe Catherine Tate will be there tonight and she has a really wicked sense of humour. Last week Gerard Depardieu went slightly overboard when he swore at the Beeb and lit a fag, but he's French, after all...

And yes, a little bird told me about Dennis being interviewed in Dagbladet this week, just in case you were wondering. I try to keep myself updated.

Current track: The BBC News theme. Hmm...

Labels: , , , , , ,

Comments:
Have you read the interview?
 
Indeed I have!
 
Post a Comment

Free counter and web stats This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

All text except quotes © 2003-2013 Schizoid / Lonyc Productions.