<$BlogRSDUrl$>

2,000 hamsters can't be wrong.

19 October 2005

Dull and Duller 

That's my life at the moment - I have a very stupid routine of waking up at nine, watching the news while in bed, getting up for a shower (and a wee, but not at the same time, because that would be...ew), checking my e-mail, watching This Morning while looking for work etc., picking up the post (more about this later), writing, doing the dishes, staring out of the window, writing a bit more, feeling stuck, making breakfast and lunch (if I can be bothered), watching Peak Practice, playing games or shopping or summat, watching The Paul O'Grady Show and then the news (usually on BBC1, unless I couldn't be arsed to switch channels and sit through the London news on ITV1), all the while surfing the net or playing games or other silly things, then the evening TV schedule takes off at around eight or nine, and it's time for supper. In bed before one o'clock but never asleep until two or three.

In other words, very boring.

So that could be why such a simple sentence as "A new series is planned" at the end of the Waking the Dead description in the Radio Times for next week cheered me up immensely.

About the post, or rather the postman: I met him last week when he rang our bell downstairs and told me there was a parcel waiting for me. I rushed downstairs and thanked him for being so kind as to actually letting us have the chance to pick up the parcel instead of having to ring them and arrange a different date (which they've done on several occasions before). He's rung our doorbell every day since and every day I get to know a little more about him. At first I didn't give it much thought, but it was getting a bit creepy yesterday when he rang the doorbell and said there was a parcel for me and then ended the sentence by using my first name. I honestly think he's just a social person and probably a bit bored and lonely on his route, but since my weirdo stalker back in Norway I'm rather cautious. And of course every person I don't know is a potential rapist and serial killer...you learn these things just from being of the female persuasion. Guys don't (think they) have to consider these things, but the way things are I'm pretty sure most girls have this thought stuck in their subconscience, especially when wandering the streets alone in the evenings. Wow, that was a train of thought our postman didn't deserve, I think. I apologise.

So, to sum up: Waking the Dead may have been recommissioned for a sixth series, I really should stop ordering things online, and my life is rather dull. If you would like to give me a job or just send me some money so that I can write full-time (which is a great investment, of course, since I will be sure to give you my special thanks when picking up both the Booker award and the Nobel prize), that would be greatly appreciated, especially by my nerves. *winks*

Current track: Sam Cooke - (Ain't That) Good News

Labels: , , , , ,

Comments: Post a Comment

Free counter and web stats This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

All text except quotes © 2003-2013 Schizoid / Lonyc Productions.