<$BlogRSDUrl$>

2,000 hamsters can't be wrong.

27 November 2005

Late Night Shopping...Until Seven 

It was quite an astonishing sight when I came home from work the other day and saw a huge banner outside the Stratford Shopping Centre stating that they'd have "late night shopping every Thursday till 7 pm". Uhmm...that's actually one of the (increasing amount of) things that surprise me about this place. The shops close at just about the same time that people go home from work. Seriously. I'm used to shopping centres being open until nine. However, the banks are open on Saturdays (even though you'd have to have been standing in a queue earlier that week to actually get a ticket for the chance of an appointment on a Saturday; don't get me started), and most shops are open on Sundays, something which I'm not used to.

Also, I must say that even though it makes the local paper quite dull, I am proud to originate from a city where the Monday's paper more or less entirely consists of news items about minor offences having happened during the weekend, like rowdiness and urinating in a public place. It'll change, but for now it's a nice thought.

I'd better get to bed; I have to get up again in only six hours. I must tell you about last week's premiere of Mrs Henderson Presents some other time.

And since Little Britain is back: Good tie!

Current track: Nothing.

Labels:

Comments:
Kan informere deg om at Oslo City nå har åpent helt frem til kl 2200! Så vet du det også! :D
 
Wow! Må nesten ta en tur til Oslo bare for å oppleve det, hihi!
 
Post a Comment

Free counter and web stats This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

All text except quotes © 2003-2013 Schizoid / Lonyc Productions.