<$BlogRSDUrl$>

2,000 hamsters can't be wrong.

05 May 2006

It's That Magical Date Again! 

The 5th of May always has a very special ring to me.

Happy Birthday to Michael Palin, the ultimate reason for why I live in London, who is 63 today! Yay! Other things have happened in the interim and Mr. Palin is no longer the only reason for my moving here, but he will still be The One That Sparked the Interest. Of course, driving past the BBC Television Centre every day truly re-sparks the interest. Sigh.

Work is going well, I'm not a complete failure and hopefully I will stay here for a long while longer. I'm actually looking forward to going to work. I haven't felt like that since...ever, I think. Of course, it could have something to do with my co-workers. It could definitely have something to do with my previous co-workers.

Yesterday saw the True Start of Summer, as we had what the Evening Standard called 'a heatwave'. It was 28 degrees outside and I noticed that my pace was not as quick as usual. The tube was not exactly a joyful place to stand, dressed for early spring and with a non-existing personal space for 45 minutes. Still, I did survive and treated myself with some 'Chunky Monkey' when I got home. And no, that's not a sexual innuendo.

It's an ice cream.

Stop sniggering.

Deep breath.

And we're back.

So the weekend will land in a few hours and I'm already looking forward to going back to work. How sad is that. I mean, it would have been fine if it were The Job, you know, the dream job I've always wanted, but it's not even anywhere near it! I must be in love or something. Or just very, very happy there are money coming into my account at last.

And they're showing repeats of Waking the Dead, why wouldn't I be happy?

Current track: Nada.

Labels: , , ,

Comments: Post a Comment

Free counter and web stats This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

All text except quotes © 2003-2013 Schizoid / Lonyc Productions.