<$BlogRSDUrl$>

2,000 hamsters can't be wrong.

18 June 2006

Grumpy Me 

I was a bit grumpy yesterday because I couldn't go to the West End Live event in Leicester Square. However, I then checked which performances were going to be there, and it turned out to be ok after all.

Something which is harder to swallow, though, is that I will also be working when the parade during the EuroPride gets underway. This is just annoying. Last year EuroPride was in Oslo, and I had just moved here so I couldn't attend. This year, it's over here and I will be working until after the last speeches have been made. Grrr! Then again...I do get paid for this job and can actually pay my rent and bills and still have a little left over for food and entertainment (well, when the local cinema charges two pounds for the latest films on Mondays, most people can afford going to the cinema from time to time). Nothing left for my credit cards and Norwegian loan, though, har har!

No, wait, that's supposed to be a negative thing.

We were interrupted here earlier today as the fire alarm went. I was of course on the phone at that exact moment, and in the beginning we just thought it was a test (they test the alarm once a week, minimum), especially since it happened at eleven sharp. So I continued talking to the customer on the phone, but when the alarm persisted and then became more agitated, I had to take his number and get out of here. For some reason, even though I had it in my hand, I did not bring my bag with me. We never found out what caused the alarm and were let back in after about fifteen minutes. There is extensive refurbishment work going on here, though, so that could be it.

Earlier this week was equally exciting at home, as my computer did not work after having been unplugged in wait of the terrible thunderstorms that never came (touch wood, they'd better not pop up right now). I left it until the next day (things are usually more scary in the dark) and then tried turning it back on. I don't know what made me think things would be any different at that point, but still... Well, the bloody thing wouldn't work. Thinking I'd ruined the cord, I tried another one. Still no luck. That's when I discovered the red button. Never, ever touch a red button, we all know that, right? Well, I did anyway. And then it said 'poof!' and there was smoke and my first thought was 'shit, we don't have a fire extinguisher!' The smoke lasted for about three seconds and then there was only the smell left, so I opened the window and went to take a shower instead. I quickly made it downtown to buy a new power supply unit, thinking it muct have been the fuse. When I later came back and installed the new unit, I actually red what the red button said... '110V'. As we use 220V in the UK, this was a pretty stupid move. Well, at least I tried. The new power supply unit works perfectly well, by the way, and by some miracle the rest of the computer is unscathed.

Well, it's time for lunch and some football. I need to make some money. I'm aiming for another ticket for Evita.

Current track: Nothing.

Labels: , , , , , ,

Comments: Post a Comment

Free counter and web stats This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

All text except quotes © 2003-2013 Schizoid / Lonyc Productions.