<$BlogRSDUrl$>

2,000 hamsters can't be wrong.

06 June 2006

TV Heaven, Telly Hell 

The first series of Prison Break has finally ended, something which means I won't have to say "I didn't know Haakon Myrtvedt had a part in this series?" every Monday evening. You see, back when we started watching it, I knew I'd seen the guy playing Lincoln before, and it took me about half a second to place him in an Australian series I used to watch in the late nineties, Raw FM. But I just had to check anyway, and off I went to IMDb. When I read on his page that his father was Norwegian, I just had to read further, and found that his full name is Dominic Haakon Myrtvedt Purcell. So naturally I have to mention this every time he's on the screen.

I also watched a documentary about the Patrick Henry College in Virginia, USA. I had decided to try and refrain from commenting during the programme, but that lasted for about eleven minutes. I can understand why parents think it is really scary out there these days, but I don't think that kids who have grown up in a closed environment, with homeschooling and as part of a very homogenous community, should become politicians. If you don't at least have a sense of what other people's lives are like, you should definitely not be allowed to represent the people. They look innocent, but their thoughts are highly dangerous and giving them power would be a huge mistake. The school itself declares that its students are carefully selected among the top notch evangelical Christian families of the US and the aim is to put them into powerful positions, preferably in the White House. It was very suspicious that we spotted one Asian American and no black people, and about half of the students seemed to have Northern European surnames (particularly German and, sigh, Scandinavian). I've said it before and I will repeat it many times over: Mixing politics and religion is the most scary thing there is. Nothing good comes out of it.

On a much more positive note; we went to see X-Men: The Last Stand today and it was just about as good as I had expected. The next big film I have been looking forward to for a very long time (ever since the first film ended) is Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest and after having seen the trailer for about six months now, it is highly overdue.

And I'm still boycotting The Da Vinci Code; I will not give Dan Brown my money. Too bad a few of my favourites have sold their souls and appear in the film.

Current track: Nothing.

Labels: , , ,

Comments: Post a Comment

Free counter and web stats This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

All text except quotes © 2003-2013 Schizoid / Lonyc Productions.