<$BlogRSDUrl$>

2,000 hamsters can't be wrong.

23 July 2006

The Play's the Thing That's Been Cancelled 

Yep, unfortunately the West End's best investment through the last decade has been cancelled. Kate Betts, an amateur playwright, wrote a play which was backed by one of the most successful producers in town and I thought the idea was absolutely brilliant. Theatreland itself is too scared to take a chance on new talent. There are too many musicals and too few proper and interesting plays in London.

I cannot believe I just typed that.

But anyway, we went to see the aforementioned play, On the Third Day (previously known as Playing Jesus), yesterday, and I was pleasantly surprised. It was actually ruddy good! Interesting plot, great set design, wonderful actors and all-in-all an amazing effort. It made it even more annoying to find out that it had been cancelled, especially considering that most, if not all, seats were sold out when we were there for yesterday's matinee (matinees aren't exactly known for drawing a crowd). One more week to go, so if you have the opportunity, I would really recommend this great blend of drama and comedy. And it's only ten quid (or five, in some cases)!

Next week we're going to see Savages at the Royal Court and then, of course, I will return to the Adelphi for another (ridiculously expensive) performance of Evita. If only I would get back to my former self and dare wait by the stage door after the show. Oh, well.

I am currently reading Julian Clary's autobiography called A Young Man's Passage. I started reading Rik Mayall's autobiography, and believe me, I am a huge fan of his, but I have read about 40 pages and it is really crap.

I cannot believe I just typed that as well.

Clary's book, on the other hand, is very entertaining. Just so you know.

Labels: , , , , , ,

Comments: Post a Comment

Free counter and web stats This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

All text except quotes © 2003-2013 Schizoid / Lonyc Productions.