<$BlogRSDUrl$>

2,000 hamsters can't be wrong.

08 September 2006

People are just too selfish! 

Why do they change their blog addresses without telling me, just because I haven't visited their webspace these last...six months? I have been busy, ok?

That's just it, though. I am the selfish one. But hey, at least I can watch Norwegian telly while at work.

I bought another ticket for Evita yesterday. Crappy seat, but it's cheap, and it's Evita. I swear to you, I have woken up every morning for the past week with some song off the cast recording in my head. Of course, these last two days I have also woken up to a very cold and very quick shower. Our blasted Economy 7 system has gone haywire again. It probably turns itself on during the day, which is totally opposite of what it's supposed to do. Bastard.

Hmm, another unknown person popping up on my screen. I use one of those instant messaging programs (I am deliberately avoiding its name, I haven't turned into a 75-year-old technophobe all of a sudden) while at work (for work purposes, honest!), and even though my contact list is very small, I have still accumulated a few of those "who the hell is that?" on there during the six months I have been working here. Oh God, has it been that long already? Anyway, that contact list reminds me of my mobile phone's address book. I transferred the SIM card between phones every time I got a new one since I bought my first mobile in '97, and the address book was integrated into the SIM card, so naturally all my contacts were transferred too. I decided when I got my UK SIM card that I would only add those people whom I had actually been in touch with during the last year or so, because there are quite a lot of names on there which I don't recognise. People I have met and swapped numbers with while being drunk together (common mistake), even though I knew I wouldn't contact them. Some of my tutors at uni, even though I never needed to ring them. I even have the number for my ex's local pizza takeaway. WHY??? I certainly didn't pick up the phone to order anything from them! And why is that? Because I am terrified of phoning people. It is highly irrational, and particularly strange since I have worked within telesales, telemarketing and in call centres in three of my four last "real" jobs. For f's sake.

I will take up Heather's vow to stop censoring herself and make it mine as well. Will start swearing more. And stop worrying about those 2 out of 400 who visit my blog and pretend to be proper Christians. Worrying about offending them, I mean, I usually worry about people who make it a point to tell everyone they're proper Christians.

And "2 out of 400" is indeed the same as "1 out of 200", or 0.5%. See? My studying Mathematics paid off after all. I am so happy.

Labels: , , , ,

Comments:
In my experience there isn’t a single pizza takeaway in the northern hemisphere the phone number of which deserves to be remembered! :(
 
Post a Comment

Free counter and web stats This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

All text except quotes © 2003-2013 Schizoid / Lonyc Productions.