<$BlogRSDUrl$>

2,000 hamsters can't be wrong.

03 September 2006

What's in a Name? 

Did some research on the laws surrounding Norwegian names. It seems my middle name (which is a second last name) is protected, which means no one may take the name without a complete consensus from the people already bearing that name. However, my last name is a very common one in comparison. I would have loved to use my middle name as a last name, but since I got my current last name from my father, I think he'd be a bit miffed.

Also, no one in this country would be able to promounce it correctly. Heck, even Norwegians usually say it incorrectly until I let them know how to say it, LOL!

Labels: ,

Comments:
A few years back I witnessed a young graduate, whose surname was the same as your middle name, receive an award for excellent MSc thesis work. When the head of the awarding committee summoned the student to the rostrum, the stress was put on the first syllable. Correct?
 
Spot on!
 
Post a Comment

Free counter and web stats This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

All text except quotes © 2003-2013 Schizoid / Lonyc Productions.